ITS Computing Accounts
The Access Management Team manages user access to central IT systems.
General Computing Accounts
ITS provisions accounts for many general computing services on Grounds. These computing accounts, e.g. email and Eservices, are available by default to students, faculty, and staff of the University. Most account-related transactions (registering for an account, changing a password, or resetting a lost password) may be completed online.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org when:
- Online account transactions are not possible or are not working for you.
- You need to request an account for someone other than active students, faculty and staff.
- You have lost your PassPhrase card (or are a student returning after a period of separation) and need in-person identity verification again. (Note: identity verification is available by appointment only; this service is also available from the ID Office at O-Hill Dining Hall.)
- You need to pick up or drop off a UVA Identity Token.
- Note: pickup is by appointment only and is available only after you have received an email stating that the token is ready.
Specialized Data Access
More specialized services offered by ITS, such as the HR/Finance and Student Information Systems (SIS), have their own, more specific procedures regarding access.
Contact email@example.com for help with:
- Provisioning HR/Finance and SIS access via ESHARP
- Provisioning ImageNow and and other specialized access
- Access to the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) systems in Richmond
When you have questions regarding specific user accounts, you will be asked to verify your identity. To do so, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your full name,
- Your UVA computing ID,
- Your 9-digit University ID number, and
- Your birth date.
If you are coming for an in-person visit for identity verification or to pick up a UVA Identity Token, you must also bring two forms of photo ID, such as your UVA ID card (if you have one) and one of the following:
- a US Driver's License or
- a US Military ID Card or
- a US Green Card (US Homeland Security Permanent Resident card) or
- any government-issued passport book.
Contact and Location of the Information Security Access Management Office
Email us from a UVA email account (to verify your UVA affiliation).
If having email problems, call (434) 924-0817.
8:30 AM—4:00 PM, Monday-Friday
Identity Token/identity verification services are by appointment only; please call first.
The Access Management office is located in Rm. 233
Carruthers Hall (see map below),
which is on the University bus line and has visitor parking.