The Cable Television System at UVa
TV Service for On-Grounds' Residential Students
Overview of Cable TV Services
Channels: Students can get access to the standard University cable service, which includes the major networks, sports channels, music channels, and many others. Premium channels are not available. More information on cable TV channels on Grounds.
Pricing: There is only one cable TV connection per residence hall room. The standard cable charge is $18.60/month (effective 2015-16 academic year).
Cancellation/Deactivation: All cable is scheduled for deactivation at the end of the spring semester each year (deactivation is usually scheduled for right after graduation). If you should request cable deactivation during a holiday break, you will be charged a reconnection fee of $42. If cancellation is needed prior to that time please visit the Communications Services Student Account Information website.
Contracting for Cable TV in Your Residence Hall
- Sign up: Request cable TV
in your residence hall room. (Before you may sign up for cable TV, you must
have activated your UVa email account and know your residence hall address. New
students: Housing assignments are usually made in July. )
- There is only one cable connection per room, so only one roommate should sign up for service; that person will be the one billed.
- In some residence halls, cable TV is included in your Housing fee, and no cable TV service request form is needed. Cable TV is also be available in common areas and lounges in many residence halls.
- During the school year, service is activated within about 5 working days after receipt of the contract.
- Questions? Call (434) 924-6879 or email email@example.com.
- Billing: Billing is done on a monthly basis. More information on billing is below.
- Checking your cable TV connection status: To access the status of your cable TV connection, log into Communications Services Student Account Information.
Where Cable TV Is Available on Grounds
Cable TV is available and included in your Housing fee in a number of residential areas around Grounds, mostly in floor and building lounge spaces.
Please note: Cable TV in Copeley Hill Family Housing and University Gardens is managed by UVa Housing and Residence Life; for information or problems, call them at 434-924-7030.
The following residence halls require a contract for cable TV if you want it in your dorm room:
|Alderman Road||Brown College||Hereford College||Jefferson Park Ave|
|Lawn and Range||McCormick Road||Monroe Lane||Sprigg Lane||Stadium Road|
Cable TV Setup Basics
Your TV Cable
Students will need to provide the cable that runs from the wall outlet to the TV. This is a standard 75-ohm part with plug-type F connectors on each end. If the television set has only a dual screw-type antenna connector labeled 300 ohms, a matching transformer will also be needed. These parts are available at all electronics shops and most department stores. The 75-ohm cable can also be purchased from Cavalier Computers in the University Bookstore.
Your Television Itself
Your TV must be cable-ready. “Cable-ready” means your TV is capable of receiving the channels that are typically available on a cable TV system and you should be able to receive the additional channels that are available at UVa. Cable-ready does not imply that the TV is capable of receiving premium channels like HBO and Cinemax. (In fact, premium channels are not available on the UVa system.)
The easiest way to check if your TV is cable-ready is to check your owner’s manual. Older TVs that are not cable-ready generally (but not always) have two different tuners, one for VHF (channels 2-13) and one for UHF (channels 14-83). Cable television also has channel designations that include 2-73, 98, and others, but the UHF and VHF tuners operate in a different band and will not receive the additional channels properly.
Connect one end of the cable to the wall outlet and connect the other end to your TV. You may want to check your cable TV connection status. If you suspect your cable TV outlet isn't working, please contact the UVa Help Desk by calling (434) 924-4357.
Cable TV Billing Information
The CATV billing process during the Academic School Year
- CATV charges are combined with your Student Information System (SIS) account.
- Billing is done monthly for the month prior. (For example: September charges will show on your SIS account in October and are due no later than the end of November.)
- Should you request CATV to be ready for move-in weekend during August your first bill will be prorated. The last bill for May will also be prorated.
Payment is due upon receipt and accepted by the following means
- QuickPay through your SIS account
- Check* or money order* made out to "University of Virginia" hand-delivered to Student Financial Services in the basement of Carruthers Hall
- Check* or money order* made out to "University of Virginia" mailed to Student Payment Processing, P.O. Box 400999, Charlottesville, VA 22904
* Please be sure to note in the memo area the student's ID number and that the check is for CATV.
- We allow one free connect and disconnect.
- If Housing moves you, please inform us of the move and there is no charge.
- If you choose to disconnect over the winter break, there will be a $42.00 reconnect fee.
- Should you plan to leave the University and not return, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org. Not doing so, will result in charges until notification or the end of the school semester, whichever comes first.
- ALL CATV is disconnected after graduation and billed through that date unless you change your disconnect date via the Communication Services Student Account Information website.
Problems with Cable TV
Please note: Cable TV in Copeley Hill Family Housing and University Gardens is managed by UVa Housing; if you have problems, call them at 434-924-7030. Problems with cable TV at the Inn at Darden should be reported to the Darden Gatehouse at 434-243-5000.
Cable television malfunctions should be reported to the UVa Help Desk at 434-924-HELP (434-924-4357).
Billing, contract, any other questions should be addressed to ITS Communication Services—call 434-924-6879, email email@example.com, or visit our offices in Carruthers Hall (across from Barracks Road Shopping Center), Monday through Friday between 8 AM and 5 PM.