Local Support Partners (LSPs)
Working Together for a Common Solution
Hear what our LSPs are saying!
I have been a member of the LSP Program since 1998 and have watched it develop and transform over the years. As an IT professional at UVA, this program has been hands-down the most valuable resource in my career. The relationships, partnerships, and mentoring you cultivate and receive keep you engaged, informed, highly-trained, and fully integrated with other IT professionals on Grounds. Exceptional program!!!
—Mary, School of Medicine
One of things I've enjoyed most about the LSP Program is that it has helped me connect with experts in other areas of the University that I would otherwise not know about. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge in the community, and across the board, LSPs have been willing to share what they know. This has helped me to learn new things, and given me the opportunity to share what I've learned with others.
—Adam, Arts & Sciences
Get Involved with Your IT Community
We are seeking individuals to be the voice and action for their departments' technology needs.
What is the LSP program?
The LSP program is a partnership between Information Technology Services (ITS) and IT professionals serving departments throughout the University. The goal of the program is to foster a vibrant community of practice for IT professionals at UVa that strengthens communication, collaboration and partnership opportunities between University departments, schools, and ITS.
Why Join?Joining the LSP community offers many benefits including:
- Access to a broad community of helpful technical peers via the uva-lsp mailing list.
- Continuing education opportunities and certification. We offer the LSP Pro sequence of classes and certification, which provides both an overview as well as a deep dive into the UVA computing environment. The program also sponsors targeted technical training and workshops on request of the members.
- Two conferences a year tailored to topics of interest proposed by the community, as well as updates and Q&A with the CIO leadership team.
- Monthly LSP collectives on a wide range of IT topics of interest to the community.
- Advance notice of IT infrastructure projects and changes, as well as opportunities to participate and shape their direction.
- The opportunity to drive change through utilizing the LSP change request process to advocate for changes to our computing environment.
Contact the LSP coordinator to find out the next steps for joining the program.