Email for Students & Alumni (Gmail)
Configure iOS Devices for UVA Gmail
- First, make sure you can meet the requirements to configure your iOS
device for UVA Gmail:
- You must have a Permanent UVA
password to log into NetBadge. (Newly admitted students have only a
Temporary UVA password and therefore
cannot configure for UVA Gmail yet.)
- Follow the steps to Enable POP or IMAP in your UVA Gmail account.
- Then, from the Home screen of your device, tap Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then Add Account...
- On the Add Account screen, select Gmail. The account configuration screen appears.
- In the specified fields:
For more detail, see UVA Gmail IMAP/POP settings, and/or Gmail’s webpage for iPhone and iPod Touch users. Or, just search Gmail’s support website.
- In the Name: field, type your name as you want it to appear in the From: line of email messages you send from this account.
- In the Address: field, type your UVA email address in the form of your UVA computing ID@virginia.edu, e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the Password: field, type the password you just set directly with Google for IMAP/POP access, not the password you use for UVA NetBadge (unless you just happened to make your password with Google be the same as NetBadge).
- In the Description: field, you may optionally type a name such as UVA Gmail to help you distinguish this email account from any others on your device.