Email for Students & Alumni (Gmail)
Configure iOS Devices for UVA Gmail
- First, make sure you can meet the requirements to configure your iOS
device for UVA Gmail:
- You must have activated your UVA computing ID and set your UVA password. Then, please wait 72 hours after accepting your offer of admission and paying your admission deposit (if required) before you can access your UVA Gmail.
- Follow the steps to Enable POP or IMAP in your UVA Gmail account.
- Then, from the Home screen of your device, tap Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then Add Account...
- On the Add Account screen, select Gmail. The account configuration screen appears.
- In the specified fields:
For more detail, see UVA Gmail IMAP/POP settings, and/or Gmail’s webpage for iPhone and iPod Touch users. Or, just search Gmail’s support website.
- In the Name: field, type your name as you want it to appear in the From: line of email messages you send from this account.
- In the Address: field, type your UVA email address in the form of your UVA computing ID@virginia.edu, e.g., email@example.com
- In the Password: field, type the password you just set directly with Google for IMAP/POP access, not the password you use for UVA NetBadge (unless you just happened to make your password with Google be the same as NetBadge).
- In the Description: field, you may optionally type a name such as UVA Gmail to help you distinguish this email account from any others on your device.