Electronic Self-Help Access Request Process
Effective February 12, 2013, HR/Finance and SIS are on the same ESHARP version. Users enter ESHARP through one launch button and select the appropriate system to create an access request.
Table of Contents
- Log into ESHARP
- ESHARP Overview
- Steps for Getting Access with ESHARP
- Changes to HR/Finance ESHARP February 2013
- Presentations about ESHARP
Log into ESHARP
ESHARP is a Web-based tool developed by ITS to replace the paper form for requesting access to UVa systems.
How It Works
An employee, supervisor, or data access approver can initiate a request for Integrated System (HR/Finance) or SIS access via ESHARP. Once specific system responsibilities are selected, a workflow passes the request to different levels of approval. When the workflow is completed with all levels approved, the responsibility is provisioned and access is granted. Each IS (HR/Finance) and SIS responsibility has a distinct workflow, but common steps usually include:
- Supervisor approval
- Data Access Approver review and approval (each organization has an approver)
- Data Steward or Deputy Data Steward review and approval
- Quality Assurance (verification that no conflicts exist between current responsibilities and requested responsibilities, and that training has been completed, if applicable)
- Employee Acknowledgement electronic signature to confirm awareness and acceptance that the responsibility has been requested
- Responsibility provisioned
Note: ESHARP is a communication and approval workflow tool and does not create or remove responsibility in the actual application.
Steps for Getting Access via ESHARP
- Determine desktop requirements, responsibilities needed, and required training, if any. Helpful links include:
- Submit request for access via ESHARP
Presentations about ESHARP
Tips on Using ESHARP
- If you expect a workflow email notification, or are informed that one is pending, and it is not in your inbox, please check junk mail.
- Multiple Orgs, due to multiple assignments, defaults to leftmost ORG value. Check to be sure this is the one you want.
- Multiple Supervisors, due to multiple assignments, defaults to leftmost Supervisor value. Check to be sure this is the one you want.
- Allow 24-48 hours after basic profile data is set up in Integrated System HR/Finance and/or Private LDAP before trying to access ESHARP or create a request in ESHARP.
- If the data access approver is not correct for an ORG, send email to security-dso. Be sure to include Org number and description and name/computing id of current data access approver. If possible, include the name/computing id of who should be assigned.
- When reporting an error, please include:
- What activity were you doing – what screens, what data were entered
- The name/computing id of the employee, the responsibility, any other significant data about the request you were trying to process
- The role you were serving for the activity, e.g., supervisor, employee, data access approver, etc.
- When (date and time) the error occurred
- The sequence of events in ESHARP leading up to the error
- Questions about Integrated System (HR/Finance) access? Please contact University Human Resources.
- Questions about Integrated System (HR/Finance) or SIS responsibilities or training? Please contact Human Resources, Employee Development.
- Technical questions about NetBadge, Web browsers, etc.? Please contact the UVa Help Desk.
- Questions about ESHARP? Please contact the UVa Help Desk.
- Questions about data access approvers? Please contact ISPRO Access Management.
- Want to use ESHARP with your system? Please contact ITS Application Development and Consulting Services.