NetBadge at UVA
How to Log Into the UVA NetBadge Service
What is NetBadge?
NetBadge is not an ITS computing account. Instead, NetBadge is a gatekeeper that verifies your identity for a protected UVA website or service, using either of the 2 methods below.
Two Options to Log Into UVA NetBadge
COMPUTING ID & PASSWORD
HOW TO LOG IN...
USE IF YOU'RE...
What Happens After Logging Into NetBadge
NetBadge attempts to use the credentials you just entered to log you into your desired UVA website or resource.
- If your NetBadge login succeeds: You will be automatically redirected back to the initial UVA website or page you were attempting to access.
- If your NetBadge login does not succeed: Troubleshoot by trying again.
Provide additional information to log into Enhanced NetBadge, if required.
Some UVA websites require an even higher level of security because they are protected by Enhanced NetBadge. So, if you are presented with an additional NetBadge login screen, then you will also need to supply:
- your University ID number (which appears on your UVA ID card or can be looked up online);
- and the answer to one of your personal security questions set during the ID verification process.
before you are taken on to your desired destination webpage.
Stay logged into NetBadge to enjoy “single sign-on.
Once logged into NetBadge, you will remain logged in for either:
- 9 hours, if you are on Grounds; or
- 1 hour, if you are off-Grounds; or
- until you log out of NetBadge by exiting your browser — whichever comes first.
If, while logged in, you attempt to access another website or resource protected by NetBadge, you will be spared the effort of having to log in again. This “single sign-on” feature of NetBadge is designed to happen behind the scenes; but if you watch closely, brief indications may appear in your browser’s status bar.
Checking the Status of Your NetBadge
At any time after you log into NetBadge, you can check your NetBadge status to find out how much longer your NetBadge is valid, simply by returning to the direct-login NetBadge webpage. There you will also find a list of your most recent logins.
(Note: If you are not currently logged into the service when you go to the NetBadge URL, it will prompt you to log in before displaying your status.)