ITS Services Catalog
Service Detail Listing
Email Alias and Forwarding - Address Management System (AMS)
ITS allows for the self-service management of email aliases and available accounts. The Address Management System (AMS):
- Is used to establish email aliases and control where email addressed to those aliases is delivered.
- Allows students to obtain 2 aliases in the @email.virginia.edu domain, in addition to their firstname.lastname@example.org primary alias.
- Allows faculty to obtain up to 7 aliases in the @virginia.edu domain, plus 2 aliases in the @email.virginia.edu domain.
- Permits all users to configure up to 5 "deliverable addresses" where aliases can be directed.
- Documentation is available online.
Common Good service included in school/major unit direct allocation.
How to get this service
Estimated delivery time after service request
Automatic, available within 15 minutes. • Target for achieving delivery timeframe: 99.5%
Service home page
Full-time (24 x 7 x 365), 434-924-4357 • Referrals:
Standard Business Hours (8 AM to 5 PM Mon–Fri)
Full-time (24 x 7 x 365) • Availability percentage target: 99.5%
Category of Service
Virtualization and Microsoft Services (VAMS)
Feedback about this service