ITS Services Catalog
Service Detail Listing
Mass Electronic Mailings (Mass Mail)
The Mass Electronic Mailing (Mass Mail) service can be used to send emails to large (1000+) user subsets of the UVa community.
- Used by authorized personnel to send emails when needed as approved.
- Allows the user to send test messages to determine how these emails will look before sending to the entire list.
- Target population is defined by classification or by a user-generated list.
Requirements for service
Users must have obtained the appropriate executive-level approval based on the target population of the email (e.g., VP & Chief Human Resources Officer approval for an email to all faculty/staff; Dean approval for email to all faculty of a school, etc).
- Same-day delivery requests can be made to the Postmaster team via the UVa Help Desk for mass mail requests that have been deemed by the appropriate executive approver as needing to go out the same day.
- Emergency delivery requests can be made to the Postmaster team via the UVa Help Desk for mass mail requests that for safety or security reasons need to go out as quickly as possible.
Common Good service included in school/major unit direct allocation.
How to get this service
Estimated delivery time after service request
- Requests for direct access will be approved or denied within 2 standard business days
- Mass mail requests by non-approved users will be delivered within 24 standard business hours
• Target for achieving delivery timeframe:
Service home page
Full-time (24 x 7 x 365), 434-924-4357 • Referrals:
Standard Business Hours (8 AM to 5 PM Mon–Fri)
Support Response Targets
2-hour response time from when a complete ticket is submitted to the Help Desk and within specified support operating hours listed above.
Full-time (24 x 7 x 365) • Availability percentage target: 99.5%
Category of Service
Virtualization and Microsoft Services (VAMS)
Feedback about this service