WiFi at UVa
Connect to UVa’s Unencrypted wahoo Wireless Network
Before You Configure for wahoo WiFi...
Requirements to Connect
- Network registration is required for your computer’s wireless card, your smartphone, or mobile device:
- UVa faculty, staff, & students: Register on the UVa Network Registration website.
- Guests: You must have a UVa sponsor to access University WiFi; your sponsor can register for you using the UVa Network Device Registration or you may register yourself, using the Guest Network Registration and your sponsor-provided PIN.
- You must be within range of UVa’s unencrypted wahoo WiFi network (anywhere you see the encrypted cavalier WiFi network is available, wahoo is also available, though hidden)
- Your computer or device must have WiFi enabled
- UVa faculty, staff, & students:
- University Guests:
Manually Connect to wahoo WiFi
To connect to wahoo on older and unsupported devices, plug in values from the table below where appropriate:
|Network Name or SSID||wahoo (lowercase)|
|Network type||Infrastructure or AP (not “ad hoc”)|
|Authentication||None/open (but note that Network Registration is required, as noted above)|
|Encryption||None (no WEP or WPA; see wireless security statement)|
Page Updated: 2014-11-18